Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sufi dargahs and suicide blasts/fires/killings across Islamic lands.....

(Read 8472 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Sufi dargahs and suicide blasts/fires/killings across Islamic lands.....
     OP - July 01, 2010, 11:36 PM

News says.,  35 killed, 175 hurt in triple suicide blasts at Data Darbar  -LAHORE

http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=107747
    LAHORE: Three suicide bombers have killed 35 devotees and wounded another 175 at Data Darbar Shrine here late Thursday night, DCO Lahore Sajjad Bhutta and Commissioner Khushro Pervez told media.

25 among injured devotees are said to be critical in condition, hospital sources said adding that emergency has been put in place in all city hospitals.

Two attackers blew themselves up inside the shrine while the third one outside it, he added.

Relief and rescue activities are underway at the blasts site.

A hand grenade has been found near Wazoo Khana of Shrine while police has cordoned off the area.

All the injured, some of them in critical condition, have been shifted to nearby hospitals where emergency has been clamped.

Data Darbar has five doors out of which four were closed. The only door kept open had a body scanner installed with it and it is still unknown how the bombers made their way inside the shrine.

Following the triple suicide blasts, furious mob also staged protest and pelted security forces with stones, which police took under control by resorting to baton charge and firing teargas.

Police also claimed recovery of two heads and bodies of alleged suicide bombers, adding that three 10 kg suicide jackets were used to carry out suicide blasts.

The situation is under control, police sources confirmed to media.

Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilani, strongly deploring the triple suicide bombing at Data Darbar, has issued directives to law enforcement agencies to probe into heinous crime for submission of a report. Elderly men, women and young children were also among killed and injured, witnesses and rescue workers told media.  

Brutal rogues of Islam are relentless in brain washing and training JOBLESS youth for these brutal suicide killings.  

Data Durbar is  a Shia sufi shrine in Pakistan and it is the  the tomb of Syed Abul Hassan Bin Usman Bin Ali Al-Hajweri, famous Persian Sufi saint. Thousands of people  go there every  year to pay their respects and  say their prayers. It is located in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. The large complex also includes Jamia Hajveria, or so-called  Hajveri Mosque.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Re: News says., 35 killed, 175 hurt in triple suicide blasts at Data Darbar -LAHORE
     Reply #1 - July 01, 2010, 11:42 PM

Death toll goes up to 40...  170 injured..

• Re: News says., 35 killed, 175 hurt in triple suicide blasts at Data Darbar -LAHORE
     Reply #2 - July 02, 2010, 12:23 AM

This is fucking insanity!  There seems to be a bomb blast every week!
    I wonder if this is gonna make headlines.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #3 - July 02, 2010, 03:15 AM

I wonder if this is gonna make headlines.

here and there it makes headline but NO MUSLIM LEADER or Muslim Mullahs  will strongly condemn it  and look for way to stop such carnage.  This being against  Shia shrines. Some Shai crowd undoubtedly shout revenge..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9My9O7tVzWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EPigHeMPzM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNTESrBSknM

Reply #4 - July 02, 2010, 03:36 AM

I mean in the Western news.

"A good man is so hard to find but a hard man is so good to find"
     Reply #5 - July 02, 2010, 04:19 AM

It seems that Lahore has become the most frequent target of terrorists in Pakistan. Is it to do with the disapproval of the Sharif Brothers not being pro-Taliban enough?

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #6 - July 02, 2010, 05:58 AM

atheist.pk, you are in Karachi right? Is it as dangerous as Lahore there? Because I'm going to Karachi in 10 days. Last time I was there when Benazir was killed. I've heard the security has worsened since then? What do you think?

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
     Reply #7 - July 02, 2010, 06:17 AM

Thats freaking insane !! Pity there is no hell for these bombers to burn in. I have been there once. It is such a lively place with so much going on. Very unfortunate.

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #8 - July 02, 2010, 06:46 AM

atheist.pk, you are in Karachi right? Is it as dangerous as Lahore there? Because I'm going to Karachi in 10 days. Last time I was there when Benazir was killed. I've heard the security has worsened since then? What do you think?

No I dont live in Karachi. But I dont think any of these places is worse off. Just avoid Liyari Town and the other thickly occupied places where political rivalries, gangs, and sectarian groups slug at each other and you'll be fine.

Reply #9 - July 02, 2010, 12:12 PM

Liyari Town and the other thickly occupied places where political rivalries, gangs, and sectarian groups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1DCQWoaQIU

Those gang wars are closely coupled to the criminal leaders of political parties at lower end. Oneday these graduate and become political leaders of the country.. apnakarachi is good one to read for day to day local news

http://www.apnakarachi.com/

Reply #10 - July 02, 2010, 12:24 PM

Data Darbar bomber caught on CCTV footage   says  news
    http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/front-page/06-terrorists-tear-into-heart-of-lahore-40-die-in-attack-on-data-shrine-270-rs-01

LAHORE: The scenes of carnage at one of Pakistan's holiest shrines was caught on camera by closed circuit televisions which recorded the bombers in the final moments before they blew themselves up.

The dramatic footage shows a security guard at the shrine in the eastern city of Lahore chasing after one of the bombers shortly before a huge blast which sent crowds of panicked worshippers fleeing in all directions. A guard identified as Salim Raza, who was posted at an entry gate equipped with a scanner, detected a suspicious man clad in a green turban, white robes and a shawl and carrying a bag.

He ran after the bomber who seconds later detonated his explosives, engulfing the site in a huge cloud of white smoke and leaving the white marble floor splattered with blood, body parts and people's belongings.

Pakistani authorities said they had found the heads of the two suicide bombers and were investigating how they managed to penetrate into the area despite strict security measures. One of the two suicide bombers was identified on Friday, as Usman, who was a resident of Barki Hadyara, near Lahore. His body was identified by his family at the morgue, where they said that he had not been seen at home since many months

On Friday, the Pakistani Taliban denied any involvement in the attack.

We are not responsible for these attacks, this is a conspiracy by foreign secret agencies, you know we do not attack public places,” Azam Tariq, a spokesman for Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan told AFP by telephone from an undisclosed location.

yes.. foreign secret agencies ..CIA MOSSAD RAW..

Salim Raza...  You are one heck of Brave man.. God(if there is one) bless you., I hope Punjab govt takes care of your family needs

Reply #11 - July 02, 2010, 12:29 PM

CCTV Footage of Daata Darbar's Suicidal Attack ...Lahore Pakistan June 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWCvpm4SQnc

Reply #12 - July 02, 2010, 01:23 PM

Vengeful new terrorist group emerges in Pakistan.. Says news.
    http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\07\02\story_2-7-2010_pg7_2

ISLAMABAD: Authorities now believe a dangerous new militant group, out to avenge a deadly army assault on the Lal Masjid in Islamabad three years ago, has carried out several major bombings in the capital previously blamed on the Taliban.

The emergence of the Ghazi Force was part of the outrage among many Pakistani Muslims over the July 2007 attack. The fierce attack inspired a new generation of militants who have turned against a government they felt has betrayed them and, to their dismay, backed the US role in Afghanistan.

The brief but bloody history of the Ghazi Force illustrates the unintended results of Pakistan’s policy of promoting extremists to fight India in Indian-held Kashmir.

The new group is made up of relatives of students who died in the Lal Masjid assault. It is named after their leader, Maulana Abdul Rashid Ghazi, who was also killed. The mosque’s adjacent madrassa had been a sanctuary for militants opposed to Pakistan’s support of the war in Afghanistan.

Islamabad’s IGP Kalim Imam said the Ghazi Force was behind most of the deadliest attacks in the capital during the last three years, targeting the military, the ISI and a hotel frequented by foreigners and the country’s elite.

Many of those attacks had been attributed to the TTP. There is evidence of close ties between the Ghazi Force and the TTP, which the government has vowed to crush. The group is believed to be headquartered in Orakzai Agency, while its leader is believed to be Maulana Niaz Raheem, a former Lal Masjid student.

read it all at the link.... 

Reply #13 - July 02, 2010, 01:26 PM

Ghazi Force

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q-DQZ4iRAE

Reply #14 - July 02, 2010, 01:31 PM

Let us listen to Ghazi  and see that Mosque again...This is just a week days before he was killed in that Mosque..

part-1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrKEaOeZs2o

Part-2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5s8vn9mKZs

part-3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yIaCB9q5ng

part-4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTE6IVd0Jdw

Tribute Maulana Abdul Rasheed Ghazi - Lion Of Islamabad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYmlOiWJ3Jc

Reply #15 - July 02, 2010, 01:43 PM

The end game for all this is simply giving political power to the followers of Mulana Abdul Rasheed Ghazi...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZElq3RiPNto

That Kid is terribly confused...  He has no idea of what people are doing to him..

Another Kid of Ghazi Abdur Rasheed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQYVb6IzVl8

Reply #16 - July 02, 2010, 01:55 PM

Yeezevee, this is not a shia shrine. The vast majority of people who visit data darbar are sunni sufis (if there ever was such a thing).
    This place is one of the most peaceful places I have ever been, what a tragedy.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #17 - July 02, 2010, 02:10 PM

Yeah, I've been to that shrine as well.  So sad.  Cry

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #18 - July 03, 2010, 06:48 AM

Apparently, the police etc still dont know who did it and who were the bombers..

http://thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=29810

• Re: News says., 35 killed, 175 hurt in triple suicide blasts at Data Darbar -LA
     Reply #19 - July 03, 2010, 08:31 AM

Yeezevee, this is not a shia shrine. The vast majority of people who visit data darbar are sunni sufis (if there ever was such a thing).

Yes, I read in the news it was a sufi shrine.

Whatever shrine these people visit, they need to visit a shrink instead. Religion is a kind of mental illness I believe. Delusion is a mental illness, especially when voices in ones brain tells him to go kill as many people as one can... Cry

Reply #20 - July 05, 2010, 01:45 AM

Yes many of these tombs of sufis   in subcontinent are peaceful places and I hope you have realized that their  is teachings/sayings are very little to do with Quran/Hadith and sunnah of Islam. As you have visited this probably many other tombs, this one is oldest of all sufi shrines in subcontinent and that man Abul Hassan Ali Hajweri although from Baghdad school, he  actually comes from Persian/Afghan/Shia Islamic  background.

I wonder whether you read his book Kashf-ul-Mahjoob, which is supposed to be earliest book from a suf saint..

Any ways the news says my man Amir Jamat-e-Islami Qasi Hussain Ahmed
    http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=107914

LAHORE: Former Amir Jamat-e-Islami Qasi Hussain Ahmed Sunday said RAW and MOSAD are trying to fuel sectarianism by attaching shrines[/b].

Addressing a seminar on Kashmir issue here at Mansoora, Qazi Hussain ruled out establishment of peace in the country unless necessary changes are made to the foreign policy.

He said police in a bid to shirk its responsibility terms the acts of terrorism as suicide attacks or put it’s the blame on religious organizations.

Qazi said negotiations with India must not be initiated unless and until India recognizes Kashmir as a disputed territory.

Chairman People’s Freedom League Occupied Kashmir, Farooq Rehmani on the occasion said Kashmiri’s will never make any compromise with Indians.

yes..yes.. JUICE..RAW..CIA..MOSSAD  and ..and  ancestors of Muhammad's(PBUH)  dad  are responsible for that dastardly killings in that Dargah...

Reply #21 - July 05, 2010, 10:24 PM

Blame game starts after Data Darbar blasts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0fOIaA2eM

Reply #22 - July 05, 2010, 11:35 PM

Yes, I have read the Kashf-ul-Mahjub but only in the english translation. It was a long time ago and I would like to read it again because I think I didn't read it as it was meant to be read all that time ago - I was a muslim then and read the text as just another book of theology when rather, as sufis have it, one is supposed to read it as a manual of self-evolution. You're right that it's the first ever sufi treatise in the Persian language and it's an important text if only for its cultural and historical relevance.

And again, I agree with you that many of the sufi saints only practised Islam as an outer veneer. The idea being, I suppose, that sufism is the inner truth of any religion and it just so happened that Islam was the religion of the people at the time when they were bringing their wisdom.

(disclaimer: I am no expert on sufism and apologise for any mistakes)

Reply #23 - July 06, 2010, 11:39 AM

(disclaimer: I am no expert on sufism and apologise for any mistakes)

The fact you say that makes  me to put you way high over many people I know/read  dear Z10.  Whether it is outer veneer or inner veneer,  There is absolutely  NOTHING wrong in venerating Sufi teachings/preachings and songs. As you pointed out, much of Sufi teachings(NOT ALL)   is very little to do with Islam or understanding of Islam but they happened to be born as Muslims.

Yes, I have read the Kashf-ul-Mahjub but only in the english translation. It was a long time ago and I would like to read it again because I think I didn't read it as it was meant to be read all that time ago

I have a PDF file o fthat English translation and i don't mind e-mailing it to you.

Any ways this thread being that Lahore  Data Sahib brutal murder of 40 or so innocent people., Let me put tube of Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan's    "Kadmah De Naal Aj Lah Le" where he venerates  Data Sahib and that video is  made in the shrine Data Sahib.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUPzWNXJPq8

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #24 - July 06, 2010, 05:31 PM

That's a beautiful qawali. Thank you for the pdf file but I have a hard copy of that translation.  Smiley

Reply #25 - July 06, 2010, 05:59 PM

......... but I have a hard copy of that translation.  Smiley

Is that hard copy  a English Translation   by Reynold A. Nicholson
    or from   Ashraf Javad??   

Reply #26 - July 06, 2010, 06:01 PM

It's by Nicholson. Which do you recommend?

Reply #27 - July 06, 2010, 06:15 PM

It's by Nicholson. Which do you recommend?

Well, when It comes to this Old..Old.. Islamic History ..Islamic Books., I will read  both and more, And  also question the writers and translators. That was the big lesson I learned from reading 10 or so English Translations of Quran.  I have both the books..

Reply #28 - July 06, 2010, 06:20 PM

Ah, well, in that case, please do PM me the translation by Ashraf Javad. My email address is also on my profile page if that is easier.

Thanks  Smiley

Reply #29 - July 07, 2010, 12:25 AM

please do PM me the translation by Ashraf Javad.

Done Z10.,

Any way to day;s news from Land of Pure says

Rehman Malik, Rana Sanaullah in war of words  on that suicide attacks on the Data Ganj Bakhsh shrine

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/pakistan/44-sanaullah-media-address-fa-02

ISLAMABAD: A row between the centre and Punjab on the issue of security has intensified with federal Interior Minister Rehman Malik and provincial Law Minister Rana Sanaullah blaming each other for recent incidents of terrorism in Lahore.

“The centre is using intelligence reports for point-scoring,” Mr Sanaullah said on Tuesday as the federal and provincial ministers exchanged harsh statements.

He said the federal government did not share intelligence with Punjab about terrorist threats.

But Mr Malik claimed the federal government had time and again provided intelligence information to the provincial government and cautioned it about impending terrorist attacks. “Intelligence information is not a doctor’s prescription,” he said.

Mr Malik said that if the Punjab government needed additional information, Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif and the law minister should visit Islamabad and meet him.

However, Mr Sanaullah told journalists that the chief minister and he had not received any such invitation from the centre.

Two Jokers fighting for nothing. But that guy Rana Sanaullah is the biggest sleaze ball of Punjab govt..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNuNvhHllFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Sba9DURHmFU

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »