Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Comments on Debunker and IA debate

(Read 69042 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Comments on Debunker and IA debate
     Reply #240 - June 29, 2010, 08:55 AM

It was Eratosthenes I was thinking of, it's just that I usually only remember the year of his death.  Oh well, the point is that humans back then were working out fantastic scientific information such as this, and today people believe the Quran is a miracle because it's got some nice poetry in it?  Wow.

To be honest I think the challenge issued that nobody can produce anything like the quran is true. That stuff that people put online where they tried to make a surah like it is total bullshit. I aslo think that nobody ever will because the language has only deteriorated since then.

But this isn't going to make me a Muslim though.

I look forward to seeing it so I can see what I missed in my video Smiley

You video was really good did u do all those graphic yourself?

So there's no full English version, not even books?

No. I think the overall meanings and stuff are the same but they left out certain things. Off the top of my head the tafsir of surah at-tahrim doesn't contain the story about muhammad and mariah qoptiyyah that is in the Arabic version.

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #241 - June 29, 2010, 08:59 AM

You video was really good did u do all those graphic yourself?

Yes, photoshop and after effects Smiley

No. I think the overall meanings and stuff are the same but they left out certain things. Off the top of my head the tafsir of surah at-tahrim doesn't contain the story about muhammad and mariah qoptiyyah that is in the Arabic version.

How dishonest.  Shame there isn't an army of translators willing to work on it.  Oh well.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #242 - June 29, 2010, 09:43 AM

In this situation it seems the most appropriate way of making the point is to quote your own words.

What a frigging idiot! Again you stupid moron:

Followed by:

Debunker: watch it on the pointless personal abuse. You were getting way over the top with that.

Since you don't seem to be able to get the picture I'll make it crystal clear for you.

1/ If you do not wish to read Rationalizer's posts you do not have to. I installed the Ignore function so that people could use it.

2/ If you choose not to use it then that is nobody else's responsibility. It's all on you.

3/ We're over your snarkiness and tantrums. You are going to be held to the same standards as everyone else.

Smite 1. Deal with it.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #243 - June 29, 2010, 09:44 PM

In my view, which is worthless anyway, debunker is a welcome addition to any forum. I protested against his ban at FFI, and wouldn't support it here too.

Although I disagree and disapprove of foul language from him, I would point it out that he does warn persons he doesn't like to engage with before resorting to the sharp edge of his keyboard. I see losing him as a loss to FFI, and for CEMB too if he is handed out more smites.

Osmanthus, I know how much my views will be valued here but I still feel I should say what I feel.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #244 - June 29, 2010, 09:47 PM

I agree Debunker is too valuable let him say whatever he wants. Fuck the rules. Fuck a public forum. Fuck common decency and fuck the ignore button.

As always Charles you hit the nail on the head.
     Reply #245 - June 29, 2010, 10:04 PM

@BD,

I agree Debunker is too valuable let him say whatever he wants. Fuck the rules. Fuck a public forum. Fuck common decency and fuck the ignore button.

No one is TOO VALUEABLE. But there are ways to bring people in line other than wielding the stick. But I do understand that my views don't matter much; they didn't at even FFI. It is for the moderators of any particular forum how to tackle the issue. I am just putting forth my views/opinion of which I think I am entitled to.

Islam is a funny religion which is misunderstood by its scholars and correctly understood by ordinary Muslims.
    Faith is keeping your eyes shut when looking at the world, and/or keeping your eyes open only for the beauty of the world.
     Reply #246 - June 29, 2010, 10:07 PM

Thanks for calling me stupid in a polite way; you could have been more direct.

Reply #247 - June 29, 2010, 10:07 PM

But there are ways to bring people in line other than wielding the stick

Such as?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #248 - June 29, 2010, 10:08 PM

Huh?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #249 - June 29, 2010, 10:14 PM

lol it was in jest but regardless the point is that he has been told over and over again. He's got 1 smite. Which is lucky shows how much we like him. Since his total smite count is  whistling2
     Reply #250 - June 29, 2010, 10:19 PM

Such as?

Such as stopping to acknowledge my posts if you find me offensive. I have seen people behaving like limpets even if someone tells them to stop addressing him/her. I would either stop addressing such a person, or choose to not get offended when he expresses his disgust for me.

Such as trying to introspect a little like why Islame is not being treated in the same way as I am. Such as trying to review my own posts with a critical eye in order to improve. Such as trying to be more patient, instead of starting to wield the stick, while keeping on reminding him that his behavior is not being appreciated.

Reply #251 - June 29, 2010, 10:19 PM

Huh?

:shrugs:

Reply #252 - June 29, 2010, 10:21 PM

lol it was in jest but regardless the point is that he has been told over and over again. He's got 1 smite. Which is lucky shows how much we like him. Since his total smite count is  whistling2

I know Smiley

Reply #253 - June 29, 2010, 11:52 PM

Off the top of my head I know that in atleast the 1200's Muslims scholars were in agreement that the earth was a sphere because it was proven mathematically and it doesn't exactly contradict the quran. (while I personally think that the early Muslims believed the earth was flat).

The early Muslim were 1/2 generations from burying their daughters in the sand.  What did they know other than the Qur'an?

The theory that the earth was spherical was known among the greeks since BC times. Copernicus just formulated the heliocentric theory that the earth orbits the sun.

Makes sense since the greeks were taught math by the Egyptians.  I'm sure they didn't think the earth was flat.

Reply #254 - June 30, 2010, 08:24 AM

In my view, which is worthless anyway, debunker is a welcome addition to any forum. I protested against his ban at FFI, and wouldn't support it here too.

Although I disagree and disapprove of foul language from him, I would point it out that he does warn persons he doesn't like to engage with before resorting to the sharp edge of his keyboard. I see losing him as a loss to FFI, and for CEMB too if he is handed out more smites.

Osmanthus, I know how much my views will be valued here but I still feel I should say what I feel.

Nobody wants to ban him but he was asked to tone it down on the pointless personal abuse. He then proceeded to keep going so we decided to make the point in a stronger fashion. This is normal for this site and is how we deal with everyone.

We don't expect people to be angels all the time and we cut everyone a bit of slack, which means we don't thump every transgression. We usually make requests before handing out smites. We're pretty easy going, on the whole. There are limits, though. Debunker just found out where they are. If he stays within them (which really isn't hard) then no problem. Smiley 

Reply #255 - June 30, 2010, 06:22 PM

I don't disagree with your viewpoint, Osmanthus; Debunker does transgress the limits many a times. But I do realize that he likes to be the person he is, and doesn't care about whether he is accepted or not in any group. He is a strong individual, and it is unfortunate that such individuals are seen to be incompatible by any GROUP.

I know about myself; I can belong to any group without causing any discordant note. But I do think that this trait of mine is a weakness of my personality. The two most important and prevalent natural laws are abundance and uniqueness. If you look at the human history, you would find that the persons who have contributed the most were staunch individualists and rebels who refused to belong to the prevalent group.

I truly believe that debunker is naive compared to myself (please forgive my delusions to grandeur), but I do realize that he possesses a quality I lack severely.

Even though I am not an anarchist myself, I love anarchists simply because they are not ready to compromise on their uniqueness. Too bad that we are not able to tolerate someone calling us names or not conforming to the norms WE define for ourselves.

Reply #256 - June 30, 2010, 10:28 PM

The problem with this sort of "valuable uniqueness" (ie: slagging people off to your heart's content) is that if left unchecked it tends to become the norm, in which case it is no longer particularly valuable or at all unique. Smiley

The topics discussed on this site often tend to get people's backs up. If we allow a total free for all then we'll end up with another cesspit. The whole idea of this place was to avoid that.

Reply #257 - July 01, 2010, 05:37 AM

@ DD

I shouldn't be here at the time being, but I couldn't help but take a peek and I saw your comments and Soren's.

I know you've just been banned (but I hope you'd still come back after you cool down.. you tend to take things a bit too personally) but I still want to comment on a few things.

Off the top of my head I know that in atleast the 1200's Muslims scholars were in agreement that the earth was a sphere because it was proven mathematically and it doesn't exactly contradict the quran.

Ok, so you believe that the Earth being a sphere doesn't exactly contradict the Quran.

(while I personally think that the early Muslims believed the earth was flat).

I believe Muhammed, and all the prophets believed the Earth to be flat, so what?

Yes. In fact the modern "salafi" opinion is that the sun orbits the earth because they actually hold true to what the quran says. This one one of the reasons I decided to leave Islam.

You just said above there's nothing in the Quran that contradicts the Earth being flat and now this? And who said modern Salafis still insist that the sun orbits the Earth? I hope you're not referring to Ibn Baz, but in any case, modern salafis do NOT believe the sun orbits the Earth.

But I always respected them for saying what the Islamic opinion really is and not giving a fuck what people thought.

Yeah, you said that in your intro thread and I thought to myself those must be some nearly illiterate dawagandists, but then you clarified in one of your posts that these were students/grad students/doctors, so I wonder how could they believe these things when their Salafi Sheikhs, back in Saudi don't believe it.

The modern "apologist" types will try and explain away the verses that suggest the sun orbits the earth by saying it is actually orbiting the milky way galaxy. This is the biggest load of bullshit ever. I could make a whole giant post about all this shit.

The Quran didn't say the sun orbits the Earth, nor did it say it's orbiting the galaxy! Let me copy/paste from older posts of mine:

The Quran was constantly reminding the Arabs, who believed in the Creator God, of His great creation so that they might cast away the idols... in fact there are verses that rhetorically ask the pagans if they believed God was the creator of everything, then why they still worshiped idols besides Him? (23:84-89)
    http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/023.qmt.html

I would just like to comment that the Quran was describing creation, rather explaining it... it was retelling simple natural observations any man can observe. For example, the "sun running to its resting placing" was simply describing the movement of the sun in the sky from sunrise to sunset. No scientific mracle or a scientific error, only beautiful imagery of the mundanely observable.

Now TR asked me the question:

And what does 18:90 mean?  Where was the place of the rising Sun where people have no protection from the Sun?  In the flat-Earth model there would be a place where the Sun sets and a place where it rises.  Note that this says "THE land of the rising Sun", in reality there is no such place.

and you replied saying:

read the page before this...i posted a tafsir of this verse.

This, again? Ok then, you insist on following the scholars, but I have already explained that other scholars (in this case, al-Qurtubi) listed as opinions regarding Zul Qarnain story:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10973.msg297587#msg297587

Besides, ask yourself this question: why the group of people from the East were said to have no cover from the sun while nothing like that was mentioned about the group of people from the West? Hmm? If the author of the Quran thought that the sun is closest to Earth at sunrise/sunset and the verse mentioing the people from the East to be of no cover from the sun to say that the sun was very close to them, as you claim, then why not say the same about the people from the West? Think, think and then think again.... this description (of a people from the East, having no cover from the sun), whatever it means, it was not related to cosmology! Probably, it was referring to their being living in open spaces, or whatever, but it obviously has nothing to do with the interpretation of *closeness* of sun at the East, since, by the same reasoning, the same description should have been used regarding the people from the West. Besides, are the people living in the middle are under some sort of a cover from the sun???!!!

As far as sunni tafsirs go ibn kathir is considered to be the most authentic and a more beginner style tafsir because he stuck with only authentic hadiths to explain things ect..

I can't believe you said this! Ibn Kathir stuck only to *authentic Hadith*? Who told you this OBVIOUS lie? NONE of the exegists stuck to Sahih Hadith, otherwise their big fat books would have been much smaller! So do you think Sahih Hadiths say cows worshipped baby Jesus (according to Ibn Kathir) or that Jesus was equated with God and sent Paul, Simon and John as messengers to the people of Antioch (also according to Ibn Kathir)?!!

Tafsir at tabari was the first tafisr and it uses hadiths that might be weak and also stories from the christians and jews to explain verses ect..

There is also qurtubi

All of them used *any* source their hands got hold of.. it didn't matter if it were Sahih Hadith, weak Hadith, Jewish/Christian folklore or even Greek pseudo science... they wanted to fill their stupid books and they used whatever means they got to do it.

There is more but the only ones that I know of that are translated into english are ibn kathir and jalalayn. and ibn kathir is heavily abridged. It almost seems like they try and keep things from non arab speaking muslims.

Well, when it comes to that particular story, you can't blame them... at least, they followed the Hadiths in the books of prophet Bukhari and prophet Muslim regarding this incident.  

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #258 - July 01, 2010, 06:00 AM

@ Soren

Wait a minut. Wasn't Ishmael a prophet and his prophethood was centered in Mecca? And what about Shoaib? Weren't he also a prophet of the Arabs. And you could include Ibrahim aswell. The Arabs had had several prophets according to the Qur'an. Saleh and Hud is also mentioned as Arab prophets.

Ishmael was indeed a prophet, but he was no messenger. And no, Abraham cannot be included, unless if you're willing to include Adam and Noah as well.

Saleh/Hud/Shuaib were messengers/warners of Arabs who were entirely exterminated (known as Extinct Arabs, in Islamic literature). The Meccans never received a messenger/warner before Muhammed.

DB you surprise me with this illogical thinking. So if the Hour was near since the times of Moses why the __ bip___ send prophets after Moses. You know the Hour was close in the eyes of God (sic!). Besides this way of arguing is bollock cause god isn't concerned with time at all, or is he/she/it? The verse you quoted below seems to suggest that god is subjected to time? But can a omnipotent god be that?

I don't know what is you point. The Quran claimed that the end of this Earth was already very very near, it was near even as far back as Moses, so again, if that is true, then why would God keep sending messengers when the end of Earth is close, anyway?

Besides that's not the only point I raised, check my conversation with IA.

The point would be keep trying to keep his minions from the eternal hell fire. A god should be concerned somehow, right?

Yeah, but the Quranic argument, again, is: those who want to believe don't need miracles and those who didn't want to bellieve didn't believe despite miracles. So the Quran is judging humanity as a whole and rejecting ancient miracles is evidence against humanity.

And let's assume that the qur'anic god exists and he actually did send prophets after Muhammad and perhaps it was Bab or Jospeh etc. By making people to submit to god wether they call themselves muslims, christians, bahai, mormons, jehovas witnesses he are giving a damn.

I don't understand what you're saying.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #259 - July 01, 2010, 06:15 AM

@ Charles

That's alright, there are two people I can't stand here: TR and yezvee... which is not too bad and frankly, compared to some of the non-stop visicous barking at FFI, even TR's crappiest posts look like precious gems in my eyes.

Here's the latest example of viscious barking by FFI's filthy pit bull, the raging whore, Cassie:
    http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6792&start=60#p114573

Tut,
    You may be an ex-Muslim, but you still think like one. In the West, most people view Islam and Muslims with disdain, knowing that we are at war with Islam / Muslims. There has NEVER been a Muslim country that is / was fair and just to disbelievers - now or in the past 14 centuries.

You claim that the majority of Muslims are not a threat to anyone. I disagree - every Muslim is a threat because he or she is part of the system that oppresses disbelievers. Muslims are collectively responsible because they:
    a. collectively oppress disbelievers,
    b. believe that a man as horrid as Muhammad can be a moral guide,
    c. collectively support a belief that is antithetical to individual freedom, religious freedom, and human rights.

It is a common Muslim ad hominem to label critics Nazis - but we all know you're lying because it is Muslims who share similar characteristics with Nazis:
    1. You believe in dictatorships and the cult of personality (for Nazis it is Hitler, for Muslims it is Muhammad);
    2. You hate Jews,
    3. You are anti-freedom,
    4. You hate minorities,
    5. You wish to impose your beliefs on others by force.

It is people like me who fight the evil of this world. We fought the Nazis, Commies and Fascists, and we fight Muslims for the same reasons.

What a whore! What a slut!

Charles, would you be so kind as to ask the mods at FFI to put a leash on this rabid dog of yours?
    Cassie, the rabid pit bull of FFI:

I know it won't work, but hey, you could give it a try.

Anyway, back to the smites... I have been smitten twice before for losing my temper with TR (he has his magic with me), but apparently this forum has a forgiveness system whereby after some time of not being smitten, the older smites get wiped out... so having 1 smite, on my record, instead of 2 is good news to me  bunny

Reply #260 - July 01, 2010, 01:17 PM

@ Soren

Ishmael was indeed a prophet, but he was no messenger. And no, Abraham cannot be included, unless if you're willing to include Adam and Noah as well.

Fair enough. I reacted because of what you wrote, ie. that Muhammad was the first prophet the Meccans recieved.

Saleh/Hud/Shuaib were messengers/warners of Arabs who were entirely exterminated (known as Extinct Arabs, in Islamic literature). The Meccans never received a messenger/warner before Muhammed.

Almost extinct. They all had followers. How many I we don't know (?). Can you cite any qur'anic evidence that Muhammad was the first and only?

I don't know what is you point. The Quran claimed that the end of this Earth was already very very near, it was near even as far back as Moses, so again, if that is true, then why would God keep sending messengers when the end of Earth is close, anyway?

My first  point was that your argument was flawed. The last part was a question on wether we are to think of the qur'anic god being subjected to time or not?

Yeah, but the Quranic argument, again, is: those who want to believe don't need miracles and those who didn't want to bellieve didn't believe despite miracles. So the Quran is judging humanity as a whole and rejecting ancient miracles is evidence against humanity.

Sure. But this still doesn't remove the need of having still more prophets.
    I don't understand what you're saying.

A compansionate god might keep sending new prophets.In that way he would show he cared. Just making fun of the whole idea of a god sending down messengers.

Sorry for keeping it short. There's something wrong with this browser and I'm not able to see what I'm writing. So excuse for misspelling and lack of grammar Smiley
     Reply #261 - July 01, 2010, 06:03 PM

@ Soren

Almost extinct. They all had followers. How many I we don't know (?). Can you cite any qur'anic evidence that Muhammad was the first and only?

28:46
    http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/028.qmt.html

32:3
    http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/032.qmt.html

34:44
    http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/034.qmt.html

(there could be more, I only used one keyword I for search which is "Natheer", a warner).

My first  point was that your argument was flawed. The last part was a question on wether we are to think of the qur'anic god being subjected to time or not?

No,He's not subjected to time, but knowing that He'll end the world so soon, he didn't send any more prophets. (that and the fact that sening more prophets, without miracles, is pointless anyway).

Reply #262 - July 01, 2010, 11:53 PM

Some whores and sluts are much nicer than Cassie. Give them a break. Wink

Reply #263 - July 02, 2010, 07:57 PM

@ Soren

Just a short note: according to 19.54 Ishmael was indeed both a prophet and a messenger - or am I missing something?

Also mention in the Book (the story of) Isma'il: He was (strictly) true to what he promised, and he was an apostle (and) a prophet.

وَاذْكُرْ فِي الْكِتَابِ إِسْمَاعِيلَ ۚ إِنَّهُ كَانَ صَادِقَ الْوَعْدِ وَكَانَ رَسُولًا نَّبِيًّا

So basicly Ishmael was both the first prophet and the first messenger the people of Mecca received. But perhaps Ishmael was no warner? But how then can people of Ishmael's time say that "Yes indeed; a Warner did come to us, but we rejected him and said, 'God never sent down any (Message): ye are nothing but an egregious delusion!" (67.8 ) Every group cast into hell a said to response like this when asked "Did no Warner come to you" (67.7)

And it's still a fact that the different other prophets mentioned above (Hud, Shoaib, Saleh) all had followers who survived the qur'anic gods wrath. So in the same aspect as the Israelites, the Egyptians, the Greeks, the Babylonian etc. the Arabs had recieved prophets and messengers.
     Reply #264 - July 02, 2010, 08:28 PM

Doesn't the Qur'an say somewhere that Muhammad has been sent to a people who had no warners before?

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #265 - July 02, 2010, 09:07 PM

[6:155]
    And this is a blessed Scripture which We have revealed. So follow it and ward off (evil), that ye may find mercy.

[6:156]
    Lest ye should say: The Scripture was revealed only to two sects before us, and we in sooth were unaware of what they read;

[6:157]
    Or lest ye should say: If the Scripture had been revealed unto us, we surely had been better guided than are they. Now hath there come unto you a clear proof from your Lord, a guidance and mercy; and who doeth greater wrong than he who denieth the revelations of Allah, and turneth away from them ? We award unto those who turn away from Our revelations an evil doom because of their aversion.
     Reply #266 - July 03, 2010, 11:01 AM

Doesn't the Qur'an say somewhere that Muhammad has been sent to a people who had no warners before?

Check the verses Debunker cited:
    28:46
    Nor wast thou at the side of (the Mountain of) Tur when we called (to Moses). Yet (art thou sent) as Mercy from thy Lord, to give warning to a people to whom no warner had come before thee: in order that they may receive admonition.
    http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/028.qmt.html

32:3
    Or do they say, "He has forged it"? Nay, it is the Truth from thy Lord, that thou mayest admonish a people to whom no warner has come before thee: in order that they may receive guidance.
    http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/032.qmt.html

34:44
    But We had not given them Books which they could study, nor sent messengers to them before thee as Warners.
    http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/034.qmt.html

(there could be more, I only used one keyword I for search which is "Natheer", a warner).

Others of interest:

10.47 To every people (was sent) an apostle: when their apostle comes (before them), the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged.

16.36 For We assuredly sent amongst every People an apostle, (with the Command), "Serve God, and eschew Evil": of the People were some whom God guided, and some on whom error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth).

35.24 Verily We have sent thee in truth, as a bearer of glad tidings, and as a warner: and there never was a people, without a warner having lived among them (in the past).

Reply #267 - July 03, 2010, 12:46 PM

Very nice. Thanks, Soren! Afro

Looks like a contradiction, but I'm sure there is an apologetic explanation for it. Smiley

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #268 - July 05, 2010, 07:18 PM

Very nice. Thanks, Soren! Afro

Looks like a contradiction, but I'm sure there is an apologetic explanation for it. Smiley

Hell I don't know. There's probably an explanation and I would be surprised if I was the first to consider this as a possible contradiction. But in my opinion it seems it's right there Smiley But DB probably has a perfectly reasonable explanation
     Reply #269 - October 02, 2010, 07:25 PM

i read the debate .
    something i really didnt understand, he said something like "But then ofcourse that goes against the original plan (giving man the *ability* to choose)."
    then something like "god is omnipotent"
    then something like " god made the test for us , so that when ur conscious and 2 angels come dragging u to hell saying if u exsisted  u would do such and such deeds" presumably bad i guess

anyways i still dont get it , as its still the same problem really .. wether u experience "the sinful life or not (directly drag to hell)" the result is the same
    u cant really change it now , can u? after all god is omnipotent ,no?
    so ur a playdoll , thats the irrefutable logic??

Confucius:
    "What you do not like done to yourself, do not unto others."
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »