Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: How do you handle depression?

(Read 103806 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 13 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • How do you handle depression?
     Reply #270 - October 21, 2014, 12:39 PM

Thanks Mini-me.
    (And welcome to the forum!)
    I guess you are right. I just don't like doing things when I don't feel enthusiastic.
    But I need to set up a routine and dont leave room for thoughts, not even for a bit. Ive thought enough.
    I must act. Keep myself busy and don't pass judgements on every single thing.

Lol Yeez Im group A+

Reply #271 - November 04, 2014, 06:12 AM

How to handle depression? Have a wank and self destruct!!!

In all seriousness though. There is nothing anyone can do to stop depression. I already attempted suicide from depression when i was younger and came close to attempting it twice.

That feeling of emptiness and isolation i learnt to deal with it. The sense of a lack or purpose and even when you are around people, the feeling of darkness which embodies your senses takes over and want to take action to eventually not feel anything permenantly...

Fortunately i am in a better state of mind so i do not worry about my wellbeing. And no i do not take anything but if i am being honest. I do relapse. Though not as often as i used to.

Can anyone provide me with a decent challenge?
     Reply #272 - December 15, 2014, 12:17 AM

Just avoid stress that can cause you depression. Try to have yoga it can help a lot.
     Reply #273 - December 15, 2014, 03:45 AM

Lol JUST avoid stress? Stress is like second nature to me

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #274 - December 15, 2014, 03:48 AM

I have (that's what I understood after a bit of research) bypolar disorder and seasonal affective disorder.
    I remember last November being so depressed. And now this feeling of emptiness is settling in again as the season is changing.

It's hard, because already my life sucks and now this depression makes it all worse. I never talk about it with anyone, because I feel uncomfortable.
    The only time I can truly express myself is on the internet.
    In real life I have put on a happy face mask.
    Everyone looks at me and think Im a happy person, who laughs a lot.
    I hide my true self also at an emotional level and Im used to it.

Talking about friends, I've never been able to make strong friendships. I find it hard to connect with other people when Im not able to express myself truly , at the point that now I avoid everyone and hope to not bump into someone I know, because I prefer being alone.

I dont know what it means to be normal and live a normal life, but I just want to go away somewhere far.

Thanks Musivore. Tomorrow I will be a maniac.

This all sounds familiar :(  far away hug

The holiday season and with the new year ahead, a year I wanted to get out but reality making me realize I can't right now, has pushed me into a depression like you described. It happened that one night I felt SO much of pain that I could not handle it and then I woke up numb. LIke now any emotion is numb inside of me, even the great love and happiness I felt with my BF is a bit numb and I function as normal but stopped feeling anything. Empty as you say...

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #275 - December 15, 2014, 04:06 AM

Seasonal Affected Disorder appears to be relatively easy to treat.

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Seasonal-affective-disorder/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Since light boxes don't cost that much one would think it's worth trying one out.
     Reply #276 - December 15, 2014, 04:21 AM

Seasonal Affected Disorder appears to be relatively easy to treat.

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Seasonal-affective-disorder/Pages/Treatment.aspx

Since light boxes don't cost that much one would think it's worth trying one out.

Yup, I have this alarm clock which wakes me up in the morning with light ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lumie-Bodyclock-STARTER-Wake-Up-Features/dp/B002TEXEAI
     Reply #277 - December 15, 2014, 06:25 AM

Going to get a pet as soon as I possibly can.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #278 - December 15, 2014, 06:54 AM

I think I am suffering from depression at the moment
    I keep thinking that the world is a horrible place and that people are just really messed up
    I also keep thinking that everything I do is wrong
    I feel like my life is going nowhere and there is no escape
    I don't like being me I wish I was someone else
    I'm normally very funny and bubbly person But lately have just been feeling really down
    The only thing that is helping me at the moment is sleep
     Reply #279 - December 15, 2014, 09:53 AM

Hi, Let me tell you a real life story. when I was left nowhere I became really depressed and that reached up to an extent that I really wanted to end my life. that night I happened to see a french movie which I don't remember the name of it in which a man who talks to plants in his apartment, a man who considers plants to be his everything-friends, family etc..
    Once he gets questioned by his friend as to what he does on a weekend who also calls him for a movie he simply says that he is busy home and doesn't have any time to spend he says he's got his folks to take care of.
    Forcibly his friend comes to his apartment to see him and sees plants everywhere and around. plants of all types, flowers of different variety so fresh the roses, lilies, jasmines and tulips. bushes swarm from room to room-bedroom to the bathroom and wow its a full jungle out there.
    He asks him why has he done this and cant he have a descent life living with family and friends. his answer was quite interesting he said that when he started trusting people he lost everything, and when he lost everything he was about to end his life one day by falling into a river but then saw a sun flower toward the moment of the sun he took it off and bought home keeping it in a jar full of mud and water poured into it. and suddenly something happened the little flower showed him the prosperity of living, a hope and quest for achieving something from his life. it bought his realization to freedom and endurance in his life. he started to cultivate this habit of growing plants in his apartment then started living for them who he considered very dearly.
    A Thought provoked when I saw this movie which stopped me from getting into depressive thoughts, I started living my life again for myself. it wouldn't be an advise if I tell you as life is a beautiful thing and in this dimension you have got the entire you to make use of and please remember life is only one and living is very precious.
    All you have to do is Smile:) and they wouldn't know what's inside you-Robin Williams
     Reply #280 - December 18, 2014, 05:14 PM

Just avoid stress that can cause you depression.

Well that's the stupidest thing I've read in a long time...

In other news, my ulcerative colitis has gotten a hell of a lot worse recently, and I honestly think I might be better off not having to deal with all this hassle.
     Reply #281 - January 09, 2015, 07:33 PM

I was on citalopram for 2 and half years because I hit rock bottom. I knew when I started feeling better, but the effect it had on my body was too much. So I came off, went through all the withdrawal and now feel great.

One of the turning points and improvements that I noticed during my depression phase, was leaving Islam behind. I was being told that my lack of religion caused depression - but in reality, it was the conflict within Islam was causing. I just felt that I needed to be in control and feel that my life was up to me.
     Reply #282 - January 09, 2015, 08:49 PM

One of the turning points and improvements that I noticed during my depression phase, was leaving Islam behind. I was being told that my lack of religion caused depression - but in reality, it was the conflict within Islam was causing. I just felt that I needed to be in control and feel that my life was up to me.

Afro

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #283 - February 05, 2016, 08:09 PM

morning and evening guided mindfulness helps me.

Reply #284 - February 05, 2016, 08:10 PM

and multi complex b vitamin

arts a good therapy too
     Reply #285 - February 05, 2016, 09:42 PM

Just had a quick skim through of the previous posts and agree with a lot of the suggestions.

I took anti depressants for around 2 years but I don't think they alone worked for me.  I had to dig deep within myself to find the energy to just get out of bed and slowly started doing a bit more each day. I created more structure in my life, accepted the things I couldn't change about my life and focused on the things I could. I became strict with how much time I was spending online as I think that can contribute to the feeling of isolation. I also started running as a hobby and going to the gym which was hard to start off with but became therapeutic.  Hope you find what works for you Smiley

Skeptick Sal
     Reply #286 - February 06, 2016, 09:31 PM

yes, its horses for courses. I found coming off facebook a huge relief.
     Reply #287 - March 17, 2016, 05:34 AM

Some days I wake up in the morning and the depression is there. I struggle to get out of bed, get to lectures, the shops or places I have needed to go. At times I really do isolate myself; sometimes I decide to go to a social event and will say I'm going but then I end up skipping it. There are other days when I wake up and feel completely fine, the day is going well. But then once I'm alone in my room at night it comes back. These depressive episodes will typically last a few weeks, maybe a month or two. Once or twice they have lasted longer. I'm tired of being like this and don't know what to do.
     Reply #288 - March 17, 2016, 08:28 AM

I'm sorry AGirlWithDoubts. For periods that long, I'd say you really need to find someone to talk to about it. You deserve better than to have such large periods of your life filled with suffering.  far away hug

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #289 - March 17, 2016, 08:42 AM

Some days I wake up in the morning and the depression is there. I struggle to get out of bed, get to lectures, the shops or places I have needed to go. At times I really do isolate myself; sometimes I decide to go to a social event and will say I'm going but then I end up skipping it. There are other days when I wake up and feel completely fine, the day is going well. But then once I'm alone in my room at night it comes back. These depressive episodes will typically last a few weeks, maybe a month or two. Once or twice they have lasted longer. I'm tired of being like this and don't know what to do.

Have you ever tried anti depressants?
     Reply #290 - March 17, 2016, 04:13 PM

I'm sorry AGirlWithDoubts. For periods that long, I'd say you really need to find someone to talk to about it. You deserve better than to have such large periods of your life filled with suffering.  far away hug

Thanks Asbie Smiley. I have gone to counselling sessions and my counsellor recommended that I see a doctor. I'm just trying to get an appointment Tongue x
     Reply #291 - March 17, 2016, 04:13 PM

Have you ever tried anti depressants?

I might, am just worried about becoming dependant on them.
     Reply #292 - March 17, 2016, 05:36 PM

I might, am just worried about becoming dependant on them.

You don't become dependant on them.
    When I was down I wouldn't see a doctor because I felt there was no point and when I was up I felt no
    need for it. Often depressive states come and go in cycles like this and the medicine stops the pendulum swinging just a bit too much.
    It's worth it.
     Reply #293 - March 17, 2016, 06:05 PM

Thanks Asbie Smiley. I have gone to counselling sessions and my counsellor recommended that I see a doctor. I'm just trying to get an appointment Tongue x

I'm very glad to hear that.  Smiley

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #294 - March 17, 2016, 07:23 PM

You don't become dependant on them.
    When I was down I wouldn't see a doctor because I felt there was no point and when I was up I felt no
    need for it. Often depressive states come and go in cycles like this and the medicine stops the pendulum swinging just a bit too much.
    It's worth it.

OK, I will talk to my doctor and hopefully give it a go  Afro
     Reply #295 - March 17, 2016, 08:49 PM

I would recommend you try to stay off the alcohol until your depression feels under control. Alcohol is a notorious depressant, and the residual effects last for days, not hours.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #296 - March 18, 2016, 01:27 AM

A friend told me that last night as well, said that alcohol brought his mood down even more when he was in a similar situation. I'm spending the Easter holiday with my mum who is a devout Muslim so will have to keep away from it to stay on her good side  Grin

I know my recent posts have been quite gloomy, thanks for listening guys. I appreciate it Smiley
     Reply #297 - March 18, 2016, 08:18 AM

I have found anti-depressants helpful and had no trouble quitting them when I felt I no longer needed them (I used them for a number of months). I also agree that alcohol is bad news if you have a tendency to depression. May be worth trying exercise too. Best of luck AGirlWithDoubts.
     Reply #298 - March 19, 2016, 07:07 AM

Thanks SCM Smiley
     Reply #299 - March 20, 2016, 01:33 AM

AGirlWithDoubts..... I understand , my life was just a constantly pulling down, like gravity itself wanted me out of the way. I like to say I'm better with years of therapy and pills, but it's still there and it's been a struggle. I hope things will change for me and you, that things would get better, I want to risk it, risk the depression, risk the hurt, put all my all my money all my life on the bet that maybe, just maybe things would eventually change. Because now I can look people in the eye and I could have never done that before. I can speak and let my voice heard when I used to curl away from everything, It's not going to be easy, it will hurt every step but the little changes will come. You won't feel like they're accomplishments but they are. So look at every little thing that you can do right now that you couldn't a week ago, really look, dont compare yourself to other, instead to yourself from before. You change bit by bit. I don't know how long it will take to be completely happy, but I can now allow myself some moments. To me that's a victory. I will but my life on this bet, Maybe just maybe I can get there. I believe that you can too. I won't lie, it will be hard, and it will take a long time, and you'll lose belief in yourself, but you will get to a better place. Even for a little while. I think it's worth it.
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 13 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »