Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
Today at 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
Yesterday at 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 18, 2024, 03:04 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 17, 2024, 08:33 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 17, 2024, 06:13 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 16, 2024, 02:05 PM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muslim-no-more

(Read 12142 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muslim-no-more
     OP - June 18, 2010, 07:22 AM

Hi people !

I am glad to find so many like minded people.
    Pardon me as I am not very fluent in English.

I am an 18 yr old teen and was born in a very orthodox and religious family in a remote and backward town in India. When I was an infant we moved to a middle-eastern country where we lived for another 16yrs. I was educated in an Indian school in Gulf and was also enrolled in a local Pakistani Madrasah for Hifz, I was particularly bright with Quran and completed Hifz in 7 months,by that time I was 12 and extremely religious and fanatic, I hated all non-Muslims and would have readily gone to Jihad if given the resources. I believed that Islam was the true Religion and always argued wth my non Muslim classmates. I was so attached to Islam and Allah that  time that I could not imagine how a sane and sound person could  turn away from Islam! By class 8 I started to have some doubts about authenticity of Islam as I could not make sense of many things ( the 70+ hoors in Paradise, the Hijab, the Hadith that says Sun sets in a lake of Murky water, Miracles and many more ), but I shrugged them off as "Whisperings of Satan" and prayed to Allah to forgive me for doubting His religion. But what really shook the foundations of my faith were a series of incidents in my family ( I dont feel like going in details ), simply put, we had a time of extreme hardship ( economic,family disputes,elder siblings education etc... ) We started praying to Allah to make our times good, I started praying all the extra prayers, indulged myself in Zikr till my friends started teasing me Mulla. But then the day came when all my hopes were shattered, I felt neglected by God, I felt all my prayers, pleas, were gone in vain. This wasnt what actually made me a Murtad, but thats what gave me courage to analyze Islam with an open mind, I realized we coud have made better decisions if we had thought rationally and had not depend solely on prayers. I learnt from that day onwards to evaluate everything by rationale and not by emotions. I took up an Urdu translation of Bukhari and started studying it, the more I read, the more I found my belief dwingling... I found many ahadeeth to be inhumane, unscientific and weird. By that time I had developed a taste in Music, but I was strictly warned against listening to it as it was Haram ! I just couldnt make sense of it , just why was Music Haram? and why only the Duf, the instrument used by people of Medinah when they welcomed Prophet Muhammed, allowed and many questions on similar lines.

The more I thought about Religion, the more I drifted away from it. I thought perhaps Islam was not to be taken literally, but that too, I realized later, was wrong, Islam demands full submission of thought and action. I began to think about why Allah needs to be praised? I am particularly insterested in Cosmology and couldnt understand why a God so great, who made this Universe, would want us Humans ( who are infinitely insignificant compared to this gigantic Universe ) to worship him? I also couldnt understand how an Allah "Most Merciful" would throw people in eternal hellfire for just not accepting him as God. I was also disturbed by the Muhammed cartoons controversy and terrorism events around the Globe and why everytime it were "practicing Muslims" who were the culprits, first I tried to blame it all on the Jewish concpiracy , but then that too was easily proved wrong. One thing after other kept reducing my faith untill I started reading criticism of Islam on internet, but then again I was disturbed as I saw many of them who were only full of hatred towards Islam and many others who quoted Quran and Ahadeeth out of context just to prove their statements.By this time I no longer prayed, I would just wander here and there in town at times of prayer or perform salah only mechanically.

The final blow to my Imaan came from Mr Hassan's blog ( Abooali.wordpress.com ). I liked his writings so much that I have saved all his 12 articles in a secret folder in my PC. I now no longer consider myself Muslim , but havent revealed this fact to anyone, nor can I reveal it even to my close friends.

I have a twin-sister who is particularly close to me and we share each others secrets. I tried telling her and told her that I was now a Murtad , and please keep it secret otherwise parents would kill me. But to my horror, she brokedown crying and started swearing at me and told me that I should be killed because Islam commands it !!! I was completely heartbroken but I managed somehow to handle the situation by telling her I was only playing a practical joke and convinced her that I was a true Muslim by being extra-Pious infront of her from then onwards.

I am now living life as a Hippocrite, I perform all prayers and rituals mechanically...I have decided not to come out infront of my parents right now as they already have many other problems and issues to worry about. It saddens me when I see fanatics around me, It saddens me when I see intelligent people and what religion does to their mind, It saddens me how it is always/mostly religion that is the cause of conflicts and disputes ( at least in India ). I feel really awkward among my friends as all of them are religious .

Right now I am an Agnostic, though I am more inclined to the possibility of a God... A God different from Allah,Ishwar,Yahweh...A God who doesnt give a damn if humans praise him or not.

That my story ! Once again, I apologize for the grammatical inaccuracies in my post(s)

I am intelligently designed by God, and I originated from a woman made from rib who ate an apple because of a snake in paradise...
  • Re: Muslim-no-more
     Reply #1 - June 18, 2010, 07:35 AM

The final blow to my Imaan came from a two year old kid.  I liked his writings so much that I have saved all his 12 articles in a secret folder in my PC. I now no longer consider myself Muslim , but havent revealed this fact to anyone, nor can I reveal it even to my close friends.

Welcome to CEMB dear hafiz. You don't need to reveal to any one.  

“The Muslim world is a stage Drama But.. but the play is badly cast.”

You mean this Kid gave that blow??

Kids like these are most dangerous and deadly to Muhammad's Islam for that matter all unquestionable religious beliefs. CEMB  is a good place for people like you. Have fun., And remind your twin-sister  that you  are her twin and  You love her more than your life..

.. hang on.. Life goes on.. take it easy for some time.

With best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - June 18, 2010, 07:38 AM

Grin
     Reply #3 - June 18, 2010, 07:45 AM

Thanks Yezeveee ...

Yes , what I actually mean by the influence of Hassan is that I couldnt refute his statements , he was sincerely true ( unlike many other critiques of Islam ) and also his articles screamed the same things I wanted to scream out loud...

I am intelligently designed by God, and I originated from a woman made from rib who ate an apple because of a snake in paradise...
     Reply #4 - June 18, 2010, 07:45 AM

That kid is major trouble. Should have been drowned at birth. Wink

Welcome to the forum, Hafiz.  Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #5 - June 18, 2010, 07:56 AM

Welcome, Hafiz Smiley

ps - could you and Yeezeevee please remove my surname Smiley
     Reply #6 - June 18, 2010, 07:57 AM

Welcome! Wink

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #7 - June 18, 2010, 07:57 AM

welcome Hafiz. That boy Hassan is trouble:

sorry to hear about the reaction of your sister. i hope she calms down a bit and comes round.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #8 - June 18, 2010, 08:05 AM

That my story ! Once again, I apologize for the grammatical inaccuracies in my post(s)

don't worry - most of us on here don't know how to spell or write good english either  Wink

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #9 - June 18, 2010, 08:11 AM

Welcome, Hafiz Smiley

ps - could you and Yeezeevee please remove my surname Smiley

Hi Hassan ! Thank you... I must say you must consider sending in your story for publication , a translation in Urdu and Arabic will also be awesome... It has a potential to stir up Muslims' hearts and minds...
    Okay I have removed your surname... but why did you demand them to be removed anyway ( just curious ) ?
    Its now Asar time ! back to Namaz...
    I cannot be online 24/7 ... my internet connection is pathetic... :( ( 4 kbps !)

Reply #10 - June 18, 2010, 08:13 AM

don't worry - most of us on here don't know how to spell or write good english either  Wink

Zpeak 4 urself
     Reply #11 - June 18, 2010, 08:14 AM

Hafiz your best chance to live your life would be to get admission in a good university somewhere abroad (UK, Canada, Australia etc) if your parents can afford to send you there. You are Indian? Then why not move to the good universities in Mumbai or Bangalore? Get your BSc done there and then go for Masters abroad Smiley

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #12 - June 18, 2010, 08:14 AM

lol... its true! From now on when we see a mistake rear it's ugly head the person will have there privleges curtailed.

Its no laughing matter!
     Reply #13 - June 18, 2010, 08:14 AM

Greetings and salutations Hafiz!

I have a twin-sister who is particularly close to me and we share each others secrets. I tried telling her and told her that I was now a Murtad , and please keep it secret otherwise parents would kill me. But to my horror, she brokedown crying and started swearing at me and told me that I should be killed because Islam commands it !!! I was completely heartbroken but I managed somehow to handle the situation by telling her I was only playing a practical joke and convinced her that I was a true Muslim by being extra-Pious infront of her from then onwards.

I'm sorry to hear about your sister's reaction to your apostacy.  Islam has an amazing ability to turn family members against each other.  I am glad though that you have found enlightenment as a fellow agnostic.

I am now living life as a Hippocrite, I perform all prayers and rituals mechanically...I have decided not to come out infront of my parents right now as they already have many other problems and issues to worry about. It saddens me when I see fanatics around me, It saddens me when I see intelligent people and what religion does to their mind, It saddens me how it is always/mostly religion that is the cause of conflicts and disputes ( at least in India ). I feel really awkward among my friends as all of them are religious .

Your are only a hypocrite if you actually believe in the religious bullshit which you do not follow.  I think you made a wise choice to not tell your parents about your apostacy.  I am sure that other members here who are more qualified than I am can give you some tips on how to break the news to your family with the least amount of damage.

Also, PLEASE do not get married to please your family.  You will ruin your life and your future bride's life if you do.  You will be unhappy and so will she.  I have known several people from India/Pakistan/Bangladesh who have fallen into this trap.  When the time comes try to find someone with a similar theological outlook on life as you.

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to your future posts.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #14 - June 18, 2010, 08:17 AM

lol... its true! From now on when we see a mistake rear it's ugly head the person will have there privleges curtailed.

Its no laughing matter!

Cheesy Betcha most of them wont pick those. Wink

Reply #15 - June 18, 2010, 08:20 AM

it's its there the privleges

dance

Its to easy
     Reply #16 - June 18, 2010, 08:22 AM

Hi Hassan ! Thank you... I must say you must consider sending in your story for publication , a translation in Urdu and Arabic will also be awesome... It has a potential to stir up Muslims' hearts and minds...
    Okay I have removed your surname... but why did you demand them to be removed anyway ( just curious ) ?
    Its now Asar time ! back to Namaz...
    I cannot be online 24/7 ... my internet connection is pathetic... :( ( 4 kbps !)

Thanks Hafiz - I'm not greatly concerned as I know my surname is known and available elsewhere - I'd just rather not broadcast it too much - and if someone Googles my full name I'd rather they didn't find links to posts on the forum.

But at the end of the day I'm not that concerned - but as they say;

'discretion is the better part of valour' Smiley
     Reply #17 - June 18, 2010, 08:22 AM

Most of us zbeak like zis, undastand?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rco3LDpTZss

after zis can you zbeak for zis...

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #18 - June 18, 2010, 08:24 AM

far away hug I hate religion (particularly harsh Islam) even more now.... It is sad sad sad fact that religion can turn twins against each other! You dont need to tell any one Hafiz! Keep your belifs to you self. Can you not pretend to pray in your room? That was you can grab a book or be online istead of praying? I know believe that praying is one of the causes of bad knees in the Muslim world.

Reply #19 - June 18, 2010, 08:25 AM

stop meking fun of the way i rite you wankers

Reply #20 - June 18, 2010, 08:27 AM

btw, Abu, I hope you don't mind my sig?

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #21 - June 18, 2010, 08:29 AM

no it's cool - in fact i laugh whenever i read it  Wink

Reply #22 - June 18, 2010, 08:30 AM

phew! you know i like you and i can't risk displeasing you, Abu.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #23 - June 18, 2010, 08:31 AM

lol

Reply #24 - June 18, 2010, 08:32 AM

He who makes fun of his brother risks displeasing Allah. Make use of beautiful words and not empty vanities. - Prophet BlackDog (PBUH)
     Reply #25 - June 18, 2010, 08:35 AM

LOL!

Reply #26 - June 18, 2010, 08:37 AM

Its no laughing matter!

Hassan, please translate! Thanx.

Reply #27 - June 18, 2010, 08:39 AM

Translation to correct English:

"lol... it's true! From now on when, we see a mistake rear its ugly head the person will have their privileges curtailed.

It's no laughing matter!"

Reply #28 - June 18, 2010, 08:49 AM

Welcome here Hafiz, You'll find a lot of cool people in CEMB  bunny
    Ask BlackDog and Ateapotist, Enjoy your stay!  far away hug
     Reply #29 - June 18, 2010, 09:00 AM

dance far away hug
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »