Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: How to survive Ramadan?!

(Read 66474 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: How to survive Ramadan?!
     Reply #60 - May 26, 2010, 10:02 PM

deusvult,
    What is interesting, is that a woman in her period cannot fast or pray (or touch the Quran), but has to make up for the missed fasts after Ramadhan, but not the prayers.
    Just some information, that's all. Tongue

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #61 - May 26, 2010, 10:33 PM

Don't want to fast, ever since my parents made me fast when I wake up I have bad acid reflux and when I stop fasting it goes away. My parents don't believe... and I'm not going to put up with their shit so I want to know ways some of you pull a sneaky sneaky and have some good meals  Yum Yum

(I know ramadan isn't coming for a little but I want to be prepared for that hell...)

eat slow digesting carbs like whole wheat breads and rice. they will give u the full feeling for longer. hide stuff where others least expect it like ur underwear drawer. drink water always because it is easily available and wont leave a lot of evidence behind Smiley keep sneaking stuff in you regularly to remain healthy Smiley

btw what country are u in and how long do you think the fasts will be for you on a daily basis if you choose to fast?

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #62 - May 26, 2010, 10:36 PM

I haven't fasted the last 4 Ramadans. I fasted for 8 years though (11-19) but if you count masturbation as breaking fast then I haven't even fasted more than half the month in most of those 8 years !

haha well said! its so hard to compose your self when you are exhausted from fasting and cannot do any thing else Smiley

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #63 - May 26, 2010, 10:38 PM

I find the very pious previous lifestyle of many ex-Muslims on this site quite odd. I only prayed Tarawih 2 or 3 times during the past 30+ years of my life.

My piousness has always been (and is still) limited to avoiding the big sins and maintaining the 5 pillars.. no extras... no praying all night long or going to Tarawih or anything like that...

how come the majority of ex-Muslims on this site used to be very religious?

Not sure "very religious" is the most accurate, rather practicing. lets face it majority will pray a few times a day and fast most of the time. i guess for us being out of practice for so long may cause us to think of others are pretty religious compared to us.

Reply #64 - May 26, 2010, 10:52 PM

Fasting isn't that big a deal, but I like to eat  Cry. Screw this Canadian sun that doesn't go down til 9  Angry. Luckily I was able to sneak food last Ramadan, so I should be OK if I dont get caught. Smiley

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #65 - May 26, 2010, 11:02 PM

how about amfetamine? you wont get hungry, but you might appear a bit jumpy and trippy after some time..
     Reply #66 - May 26, 2010, 11:08 PM

Fasting isn't that big a deal, but I like to eat  Cry. Screw these Canadian sun that doesn't go down til 9  Angry. Luckily I was able to sneak food last Ramadan, so I should be OK if I dont get caught. Smiley

haha yea tell me about it! days here are so freaking long. we will share more ingenious ways of sneaking food and drink into our life once this "holy" month starts.

Reply #67 - May 26, 2010, 11:16 PM

One word: skittles.
     Reply #68 - May 26, 2010, 11:17 PM

I haven't fasted the last 4 Ramadans. I fasted for 8 years though (11-19) but if you count masturbation as breaking fast then I haven't even fasted more than half the month in most of those 8 years !

Amen brother.

EDIT: I'm going to be in Morocco for the last few days of Ramadamn. Does anyone know if this will pose a problem?
     Reply #69 - May 27, 2010, 12:03 AM

eat slow digesting carbs like whole wheat breads and rice. they will give u the full feeling for longer. hide stuff where others least expect it like ur underwear drawer. drink water always because it is easily available and wont leave a lot of evidence behind Smiley keep sneaking stuff in you regularly to remain healthy Smiley

btw what country are u in and how long do you think the fasts will be for you on a daily basis if you choose to fast?

Im in the US and it will be something like from 6am to 8pm. There is no way I'm fasting! If anything I will be fasting food down my throat  Cheesy

One word: skittles.

I don't like sugary things!
     Reply #70 - May 27, 2010, 03:46 AM

oops my bad! rice is high on the glycemic index. eat foods that are low on this list (link below). they will digest slowly and keep you fuller longer.

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

i personally hate ramadan. i have always hated fasting and at most did like 20-25 days. this was probably like once too. dad fasts only on the last friday of the month hahahahah!

i always took change to school and bought food. had to sneak into the washrooms to eat it Smiley

BEST THING ABOUT RAMADAN -> Free FOOOODDD!! every day my university's Muslim Students Association would feed the "ummah" for free Smiley  and all those family dinners yummy!!

WORST THING (beside hunger) -> Tarawih !! I have been like 2 times to this shit! and man it pissssssssed me the fuck off! all that bullshit and nonsence and they recite sooooo slooooooooow. omg.

Haha but it sucks for all the muslim dudes especially this summer. all those hot non Muslim chicks in their booty shorts and tank-tops walking around!

subhanallah!

Reply #71 - May 27, 2010, 09:06 AM

oops my bad! rice is high on the glycemic index. eat foods that are low on this list (link below). they will digest slowly and keep you fuller longer.

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

i personally hate ramadan. i have always hated fasting and at most did like 20-25 days. this was probably like once too. dad fasts only on the last friday of the month hahahahah!

i always took change to school and bought food. had to sneak into the washrooms to eat it Smiley

BEST THING ABOUT RAMADAN -> Free FOOOODDD!! every day my university's Muslim Students Association would feed the "ummah" for free Smiley  and all those family dinners yummy!!

WORST THING (beside hunger) -> Tarawih !! I have been like 2 times to this shit! and man it pissssssssed me the fuck off! all that bullshit and nonsence and they recite sooooo slooooooooow. omg.

Haha but it sucks for all the muslim dudes especially this summer. all those hot non Muslim chicks in their booty shorts and tank-tops walking around!

subhanallah!

@ the chicks - bwuahahaaaha!!  Cheesy

Thanks for the food advice
     Reply #72 - May 27, 2010, 09:43 AM

What is interesting, is that a woman in her period cannot fast or pray (or touch the Quran), but has to make up for the missed fasts after Ramadhan, but not the prayers.
    Just some information, that's all. Tongue

Yes, my assumption from what I have read is that its because women are considered to be unclean when they have a period.  Something that people before Islam used to think.

Perhaps Debunker or AbuY can explain if they believe there to be another explanation?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #73 - May 27, 2010, 10:47 AM

Yes, my assumption from what I have read is that its because women are considered to be unclean when they have a period.  Something that people before Islam used to think.

Perhaps Debunker or AbuY can explain if they believe there to be another explanation?

popcorn

Reply #74 - May 31, 2010, 12:44 AM

When my acid reflux kicks in I will know its Ramadan.....
     Reply #75 - May 31, 2010, 12:45 AM

Come on guys!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #76 - May 31, 2010, 01:43 AM

Why didn't you have a meal just before you went to bed? that's what I do. Even my dad sometimes does that.

Because we had to wake up to pray fajr too.  banghead

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #77 - May 31, 2010, 01:46 AM

eat as much as food possible in school
     Reply #78 - May 31, 2010, 01:59 AM

Because we had to wake up to pray fajr too.  banghead

That's got to be one of the most annoying practices in Islam.
     Reply #79 - May 31, 2010, 02:04 AM

eat as much as food possible in school

Yeah but Ramadan is going to be during the summer when I don't have school  finmad
     Reply #80 - July 02, 2010, 07:08 PM

Omigod, Ramadan starts in less than 2 months (August 12 in North America)  Cry

Who's pretending to fast this time?

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #81 - July 02, 2010, 08:12 PM

It's gonna be weird for me, this is my first ramadan since I became an ex-muslim, I never skip fasting since I was 8 years old (except for my period time), even when I was sick I always push myself to fast, It's gonna be really really weird
     Reply #82 - July 02, 2010, 08:18 PM

eat when no ones looking  Afro
     Reply #83 - July 02, 2010, 08:20 PM

First Ramadan as a kaffir too. I've been fasting since I was 10.

Dammit, my mom realized I haven't finished fasting the days I had my period last time, the horrible thing was I had to periods during that time (a few days at the beginning of the month and a few at the end), so now I have to make up about 10 days! I really wish my mother didn't find the calender she kept...  finmad
     Reply #84 - July 02, 2010, 08:20 PM

It's gonna be weird for me, this is my first ramadan since I became an ex-muslim, I never skip fasting since I was 8 years old (except for my period time), even when I was sick I always push myself to fast, It's gonna be really really weird

Lol, my Ramadan periods were always a week longer than usual for some reason  whistling2.

Reply #85 - July 02, 2010, 08:26 PM

lol Alecto. I would rather fast with everyone else then have to fast the remaining days alone later, this way I know that there are people suffering with me.
     Reply #86 - July 02, 2010, 09:07 PM

This will be the 5th Ramadan I don't fast  Afro
     Reply #87 - July 02, 2010, 09:08 PM

this is my second  Smiley

Reply #88 - July 02, 2010, 09:15 PM

I never really prayed, so all those Ramadans I fasted were for nothing. It made me feel horrible when I was still a Muslim.
     Reply #89 - July 02, 2010, 09:24 PM

this is my second  Smiley

I thought your parents didn't know about your apostasy ?
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 ... 14 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »