Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: stevevargas?

(Read 9752 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • stevevargas?
     OP - May 09, 2010, 07:58 PM

i m dissapointed i must start with this.you ppl were so rude to me like i have stolen your ladies from your back.
    i am new member here and came to know about this forum from atheist.pk (re confirm from him). and i am not a troll or i dont want to defend religion i came here because my friend atheist.pk from pak told me.i am also  from pakistan 19yrs and started thinking skeptically about religion just 6 or 7 months ago(thanks to a guy i met in spain last year).so i have more basics to start with and that is nothing to laugh about  Huh?   any more querries Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???
    peace it
  • Re: stevevargas?
     Reply #1 - May 09, 2010, 08:06 PM

you ppl were so rude to me like i have stolen your ladies from your back.

wacko

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - May 09, 2010, 08:12 PM

So under what username have you registered last time?
     Reply #3 - May 09, 2010, 08:14 PM

Welcome to the forum, hugs
    Sorry if we gave you a rough ride. All the threads you were creating about sufism etc, bore all the hallmarks of a troll, and the poor punctuation caused a bit inconvenience (for me at least).
    Anyway, hope you have a good time on this forum.
     far away hug

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #4 - May 09, 2010, 08:16 PM

stevevargas666
    i was suggested to use proxy to stay safe.and sorry for punctuation dude i m used to writing mobile text messages and do use summarized words.
     Reply #5 - May 09, 2010, 08:23 PM

anyone reading this as i have recently started being skeptic so i need some basics or most radical reading to start with.i need suggestions. and i belong to a really rigidly religious family from a country side.so i had to study there in my village so i m poor in English.i improved it through reading as much i can and using dictionaries so apologies for punctuation errors.but help me out in stuff i should read
     Reply #6 - May 09, 2010, 08:24 PM

you ppl were so rude to me ...

Try and look at it from our perspective.
    You came out of nowhere without introduction and started posting stuff that is extremely naive and has been discussed here on numerous occasions.
    Logically, most (me included) assumed that you are a troll.
     Reply #7 - May 09, 2010, 08:26 PM

my bad  cool2
     Reply #8 - May 09, 2010, 08:26 PM

steve, please accept our apologies for the mistake we made in assuming that you were not being serious. You are welcome here. What is it that you want to read more about?

God is Love.

Reply #9 - May 09, 2010, 08:29 PM

you ppl were so rude to me like i have stolen your ladies from your back.

Sorry stevevargas, I obviously had the wrong mental image of you.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #10 - May 09, 2010, 08:30 PM

But srsly Steve, what's that with drink while standing thingy you just said? Never heard of it while I was a Muslim. .Huh?

Reply #11 - May 09, 2010, 08:33 PM

well more about mysticism or sufism,meditation.miracles, 
     Reply #12 - May 09, 2010, 08:34 PM

but help me out in stuff i should read

Why don't you start by watching some videos? All these videos are really good and present a strong argument:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XLg-SRGMNk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz3dyvqDSdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W3r1XEMzcc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Z6bMYjlBo

Reply #13 - May 09, 2010, 08:36 PM

I wasn't trying to be rude. THere are a lot of people who purposefully try to cause mischief on forums and I suppose your way of typing and the amount of threads you started made me think you might be a troll. You seemed funny because of that.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. If you had started an intro thread, it would have helped in the first place Grin.

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #14 - May 09, 2010, 08:36 PM

well more about mysticism or sufism,meditation.miracles,  

Are you having doubts about these things?

God is Love.

Reply #15 - May 09, 2010, 08:37 PM

google it u l find some stuff.
     Reply #16 - May 09, 2010, 08:43 PM

Are you having doubts about these things?

yes all the other forms of religion are somehow brutal.prophet himself said that from 72 sects of islam only 1 will go to heaven(if it exists i must say).or in shia islam an ritual of MUTTAh allows and male and female to involve in adultery if they both have consent for it but at same time all other Islam say sentence of stoning.so these are all absurd.but sufism that is stuck in my  mind which is more adaptive harmonious and doesnt forces anyq to join islam or even sufis doesnt support apostacy feath penalty otherwise
     Reply #17 - May 09, 2010, 09:59 PM

i m dissapointed i must start with this.you ppl were so rude to me like i have stolen your ladies from your back.
    i am new member here and came to know about this forum from atheist.pk (re confirm from him). and i am not a troll or i dont want to defend religion i came here because my friend atheist.pk from pak told me.i am also  from pakistan 19yrs and started thinking skeptically about religion just 6 or 7 months ago(thanks to a guy i met in spain last year).so i have more basics to start with and that is nothing to laugh about  Huh?   any more querries Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???
    peace it

Welcome, stevevargas. Sorry if your reception was not good. We get trolls here sometimes and some of us are on a bit of a short fuse as a result.
     Reply #18 - May 09, 2010, 10:02 PM

Have a look at the videos Kenan posted.
     Reply #19 - May 09, 2010, 10:17 PM

started thinking skeptically about religion just 6 or 7 months ago

Welcome stevevargas.

It can take the mind a good year to change fundamental beliefs. Have you watched the film The Matrix? Morpheus says to Neo "You have to understand that many people are not ready to be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

Good luck!
     Reply #20 - May 09, 2010, 10:23 PM

yes all the other forms of religion are somehow brutal.prophet himself said that from 72 sects of islam only 1 will go to heaven(if it exists i must say).or in shia islam an ritual of MUTTAh allows and male and female to involve in adultery if they both have consent for it but at same time all other Islam say sentence of stoning.so these are all absurd.but sufism that is stuck in my  mind which is more adaptive harmonious and doesnt forces anyq to join islam or even sufis doesnt support apostacy feath penalty otherwise

Thanks. I hope you can find help with your questions here over time. You ask some really pertinent questions. Would you say that you are trying to find a tradition of Islam that is less harsh, one that is more focussed on a more tolerant, inward form of worship?

God is Love.

Reply #21 - May 09, 2010, 11:12 PM

It can take the mind a good year to change fundamental beliefs. Have you watched the film The Matrix? Morpheus says to Neo "You have to understand that many people are not ready to be unplugged, and many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

Good luck!

Very well said HighOctane.  Afro
    It certainly took me several months to go from being a believer to being a strong disbeliever.  Perhaps part of me was just trying to wonder how come so many people on this planet can be so wrong.  I found all the videos on the internet of Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Daniel Dennett, Michael Shermer, Andy Thomson, Jared Diamond, etc, invaluable. 
    While I'm at it, here's a good video for you stevevargas:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUB4j0n2UDU

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #22 - May 09, 2010, 11:55 PM

If you want to read something then take a look at the link to my blog in my signature..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - May 10, 2010, 02:56 AM

There you go  Tongue

All it required was simply a nice "Hi my name is....and I have questions...and I was sent here by...." thread and everyone can relax and be more than happy to answer your queries - many of which have been discussed a lot before.  yes

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #24 - May 10, 2010, 06:02 AM

Hi and welcome! Smiley

Sorry for the initial mistrust.
     Reply #25 - May 10, 2010, 10:25 AM

I'm not sorry, I think you are a jew.   wacko

Lol just kidding, wanted to pretend I was on a muslim forum for a bit.  Grin

Welcome.  Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #26 - May 10, 2010, 10:32 AM

I strongly condom the juice.  sheikh

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #27 - May 10, 2010, 11:11 AM

Vitamin Holocaust.

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #28 - May 10, 2010, 11:14 AM

Cheesy
     Reply #29 - May 10, 2010, 11:20 AM

Cheesy

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »