Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Discussion about "My Ordeal with the Qur'an"

(Read 273261 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 39 40 4142 43 ... 61 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Discussion about "My Ordeal with the Qur'an"
     Reply #1200 - August 25, 2011, 10:04 PM

Reply #1201 - August 25, 2011, 10:47 PM

Reply #1202 - August 25, 2011, 10:51 PM

Did I reply in the wrong thread?
     Reply #1203 - August 25, 2011, 10:52 PM

Yeah Tongue

قل للمليحة في الخمار الأسود
    مـاذا فـعــلت بــناسـك مـتـعـبد

قـد كـان شـمّر لــلـصلاة ثـيابه
    حتى خـطرت له بباب المسجد

ردي عليـه صـلاتـه وصيـامــه
    لا تـقــتـلــيه بـحـق ديــن محمد
     Reply #1204 - August 25, 2011, 10:56 PM

Reply #1205 - August 25, 2011, 10:57 PM

Reply #1206 - October 12, 2011, 05:07 AM

What's going on with this? When completed it should be published and sold and distributed to libraries!

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #1207 - October 12, 2011, 09:47 AM

I am just too busy/lazy  Cry

When I get some time and space I'll get back to it - I promise.
     Reply #1208 - October 12, 2011, 01:36 PM

Want some money? I'll throw money at ya.

Reply #1209 - October 12, 2011, 01:52 PM

Want some money? I'll throw money at ya.

Not sure if you're serious, but I couldn't take your money.

Now if only those bloody Jews/CIA/MI5/Freemasons/Zionists/Lizardmen etc... would pay me - as they promised they would if I left Islam - I would find time to do it  grin12
     Reply #1210 - October 12, 2011, 03:23 PM

Serious we should set up donations for this project or something. I can't help any way in the translation, but I'd like to do something to get it moving toward completion and/or publication.

Amazon and a few other companies do "self publishing".

Reply #1211 - October 31, 2012, 02:40 PM

One day, I hope Hassan is blessed with enough time to complete this.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #1212 - October 31, 2012, 11:26 PM

I really wish it were possible to get permission from the author to publish the translation of this book, and then make the completed text available on Kindle or some other arrangement.

God is Love.

Reply #1213 - November 08, 2012, 02:27 PM

it good etiquette, but as he was anonymous, uncontactable &  might have even passed away then you dont need his permission for the translation we did here.  I have had it housed alongside my blog for a year now.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1214 - November 08, 2012, 03:25 PM

Serious we should set up donations for this project or something. I can't help any way in the translation, but I'd like to do something to get it moving toward completion and/or publication.

Amazon and a few other companies do "self publishing".

Ive can help with the meatgrinder & reformatting into ebook format, its what ive just done with my book.  But we will need somebody to finish the translation.  Alhough i think we should just go with it as it is as it may never happen, and if it does then update & add the stuff later -  Where's the latest version?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1215 - December 06, 2013, 12:23 PM

I just read through this entire thread. Well worth a look.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #1216 - July 07, 2014, 11:48 AM

This thread is only intended for translators as a folder to add their translated texts to.
    Nothing else is allowed here.

For discussions and comments please use the original thread, that started everything off.

Links:

My_Ordeal_With_The_Quran-en-latest.pdf (Always the latest version of the PDF file)

My_Ordeal_With_The_Quran.tex (Used to generate the PDF file)

Found a mistake you want to me to correct?

Folder with project related files.

TODO: Somebody should make a list of links to all the pieces Hassan has already translated in the other thread.

I want to get back to translating this.

My only problem is that Aziz used add everything I did to the latest pdf version, (the first link of the 3 above).

Can someone tell me how do I add new translations to that final PDF version?

I don't have a clue.

Damn you Aziz, come back man - I need you :Cry
     Reply #1217 - July 07, 2014, 11:59 AM

Can someone tell me how do I add new translations to that final PDF version?

There are some free programs that are called "PDF file merger" Hassan..  

http://www.wikihow.com/Merge-PDF-Files

Other way to do is., Convert that  old PDF file in to a Microsoft word file add it to your new translation make whole thing as one PDF file ..

or put that new  one as independent file on the board  I am sure some one here will mix them up and make one file..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1218 - July 07, 2014, 01:37 PM

So the last Pdf file at this link .,   is that  original Arabic file.,

Is that  from that Imam Abbas AbdulNoor, a former Imam and Egyptian Islamic scholar from Al-Azhar University??

I am just curious is he still alive? must be over 80??......  

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1219 - July 07, 2014, 01:54 PM

Other way to do is., Convert that  old PDF file in to a Microsoft word file add it to your new translation make whole thing as one PDF file ..

Yes that might be the simplest for me, though I suspect it will mess up the footnotes - not sure, but I'll give it a go.
     Reply #1220 - July 22, 2014, 11:31 AM

The more I read of this book, the more of a feel I get of the author. I am certain he is an ex-Muslim Atheist - and not as some Muslims have suggested a Arab Christian or Jew. The things he says and the references he makes lead me to believe he was once a Muslim and now doesn't believe in God at all. He is also just as scathing about Christianity as he is about Islam.

In my opinion he is exactly who he says he is - an Ex-Muslim and the reason we don't know exactly who he is, is simply because he didn't want to endanger himself nor his loved ones.

It's just a shame that it gives Muslims an excuse not to read the book - because in my opinion it is really excellent!
     Reply #1221 - July 22, 2014, 11:52 AM

Could a moderator please rename this thread:

Discussion about "My Ordeal with the Qur'an"

So it doesn't get confused with the actual translation thread.

Also if anyone notices a mistake in the translation thread, could they post it here.
     Reply #1222 - July 22, 2014, 11:59 AM

done  Afro

God is Love.

Reply #1223 - July 22, 2014, 12:09 PM

Cheers!  Smiley
     Reply #1224 - July 23, 2014, 12:08 AM

Good work people!
     Reply #1225 - July 26, 2014, 01:17 AM

I think bogart once explained that the two horned one was referring to Alexander the Great or some such epic military leader from those times. Someone gave some really convincing argument towards it being a real historical figure, that the Quran bestowed mystical and eternal properties upon. A Persian? I cannot recall exactly. I remember being convinced of it. Either way, Mohammed sure was afraid of his armies, to claim they would rise up and overcome the earth at the end of time or whatever.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #1226 - July 26, 2014, 04:45 AM

People ! 

For comments pleasure use the Comment thread for the translation project here. So that it doesn't interupt the flow and organization of the translations.

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10047 

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #1227 - July 26, 2014, 10:02 AM

I think bogart once explained that the two horned one was referring to Alexander the Great or some such epic military leader from those times. Someone gave some really convincing argument towards it being a real historical figure, that the Quran bestowed mystical and eternal properties upon. A Persian? I cannot recall exactly. I remember being convinced of it. Either way, Mohammed sure was afraid of his armies, to claim they would rise up and overcome the earth at the end of time or whatever.

Some of identification of Muslim scholars was towards Alexander. Although this was based on Jewish and Christian scholars centuries before. It a mixture of myths combined into a new narrative. Part of Josephus' work which identifies Alexander's northern campaigns against the Scythians, a generic term at the time for "barbarians" to the north. OT identifies them as enemies of God or God's people, again people to the north although in this case it would be Assyrians and Babylonians. Christians identified them as Rome. When Rome became Christian the northern enemies of Roman become these people. The Romance of Alexander covers another part of the myth. It is also rooted in Persian and Parthian myth as well but it is their hero building the wall not Alexander. Today some people think of them as Russia and Israel. The names are used in such a vague manner in the OT that people can assign an identification to anyone north of them. Mongols, Huns, Russia, Goths, Thracian, Chinese, etc. It has been the name of a grandson of Noah, a people, a nation, an antichrist, etc.

There is a Christian version created during the conquest of eastern Christian territories by Muslims now called Pseudo-Methodius prophecy from the 7th century. Although the names are identified with Muslims rather than northern invaders. Widespread apostasy due to Jizya created a panic in many organized Churches. The collapse of the Christian Empires, West and East Rome, put the fear of God into many. Many couldn't understand the conquest of these lands by heretics and pagans so they thought it was the sign of the end times. There are medieval adaptation which the Mongols, Golden Horde, were these people.
     Reply #1228 - July 26, 2014, 12:34 PM

Thank you! I hope someone will please cut or move my comment from the original thread, I did not realize there were no comments to be made there.
    Please.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #1229 - July 26, 2014, 01:43 PM

As the writer points out in this last piece about Gog & Magog; Where is this land where a "mischievous" people are trapped behind a huge iron barrier?

Either Muslims must admit this story is simply a myth - or rather a jumbled-up collection of myths - or they have to maintain that there is still an undiscovered region where these people live behind this huge barrier.

That's a lot of cognitive dissonance to handle - dare I say the metaphorical dam will burst at the slightest scrutiny of this story? lol
  • Previous page 1 ... 39 40 4142 43 ... 61 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »